Search This Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Why is it always a miscarriage??

Why is it that any'time a woman has a heavy period, or something that looks a little weird, or abnormal pain, or a late menstration they assume its a miscarrige. I know women who honestly beleive they have been pregnant multiple times because of a heavy periods. Or women who take a pregnancy test thats negative and assume that its too late and they must have been pregnant. This makes me crazy.

"Oh I know I was pregnant."

No you didn't. No positive pregnancy test. No confirmation. You weren't

Women have chemical pregnancies/ miscarriages and their tests are positive.

If this crazy logic is true then I was pregnant over 40 times throughout highschool.  Its normal to think "I might be pregnant." its not normal to assume when your period comes you are pregnant.

"But I saw a white clump." This could be discharge that has gotten dense, it could be calcium in the blood that has clumped together. If you did not get a positive pregnancy test these things are what you are seeing.

"I bled so much!" No you didn't. You haven't seen bleeding a lot. Litterally soaking a pad every 30 minutes is a lot and you are supposed togo to the er. But what they don't say is when you get to the er unless you are dehydrated, anemic, or have signs of massive bloodloss its not a concern. I have known women who soak tampons and super pads simultaniously multiple times an hour. Its just their heavy period. FYI Women have heavy periods. Its true. it doesn't matter if you never had a heavy period before. So many things effect hormone. Hell if you eat too much soy it can mess with you cycle.

"My cramping is sooo bad." Cramping happens. It doesn't mean you are havign a miscarriage. It could mean you have a little too much hormone in your system and your body is having a heard time shedding the lining. You might need to drink water. Theres so many thing that happen that are not pregnancy that cause this. My sisters cramping was so bad she couldn't walk. I had to carry her naked once from the bathroom floor where she colapsed to her bed while she cried and moaned. She was not having a miscarriage.

"I know I was pregnant." STFU. When I was 16 I "Knew" I was pregnant. Then I took an effing pregnamcy test and I wasn't. You brain did not mature enough to process the negative test. You have some other issues you need to deal with.

Also know pregnancies timeline. Implantation is what gives you a positive test. It takes 6 to 12 days after ovulation for this to happen. Those days prior the egg is floating and not giving you hormones.  So if you had sex you cannot have a miscarriage 3 days later.

Also it is terribly offensive for you to compare your heavy period, food poisoning, cyst, and so on to someone who has lost a child!!!!

If you did not get a positive pregnancy test, or did not see actual products of conception you were not pregnant. If you think you are  having a miscarriage go to the er!!! DON'T HANG OUT AND SPECULATE! If you are ok enough to hang out then you are not having a micarriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment